It is Christmas time again!
It is a time to buy and make gifts, bake, cook, spend cherished time with our loved ones and, most importantly, celebrate the meaning of Christmas.
There is always something special in the air at Christmas time. People are kinder, warmer, friendlier. We smile at strangers, we say hello to our neighbours and we treat our friends and families with a little more care and patience.
We also exhibit the example of giving to and helping those who are in need.
For those of you with children in your lives, you know their joy when they open gifts on Christmas Day. It is therefore very sad for all of us to think of all the children in our area who will not have even one gift to open this year…..
Therefore we again here at Deane Interiors will be collecting and acting as a drop off point for the Salvation Army Christmas Present Appeal. We are asking all our friends, customers and suppliers alike to make any toy donation they can, big or small it does not matter.
We have all heard that it is better to give than to receive. To know that you are helping to make someone’s life just a little bit easier or helping to make someone happy is an indescribable feeling. As I am sure you realize, while you are busy buying and making gifts for your loved ones this Christmas season, there are so many people in need. While most of us take for granted having a merry Christmas, some among us can only pray and dream about it.
It is all about sharing and giving at Christmas time and especially to think of those who are less fortunate. And by donating a gift or gifts to this cause you are guaranteeing to put a smile on a child’s face on Christmas day, so dig deep if you can and add a gift to your list and bring it along to our Showroom.
Kettles on and the mince pies are ready and waiting!
Suggested Gift List for Children and Young People
We believe every child deserves a new gift at Christmas so we are unable to take used or second-hand items for the Christmas Present Appeal.
- 0-3 years: dolls, teddy bears, cot mobiles, baby clothes, bath toys, CDs of suitable music and nursery rhymes, puzzles
- 3-5: dolls and action figures, cars, lorries, DVDs and CDs (music and nursery rhymes), colouring sets, pencils, crayons, books, puzzles
- 5-9: educational games & toys, stationery (colouring sets, pencils, crayons, school sets), CDs & family-friendly DVDs, books, puzzles, Word search, crosswords
- 9-12: games and toys, stationery, DVDs, books, t-shirts, hair accessories, gloves, scarves, hats
- 13-16: books, make-up and toiletries (please try to ensure non-allergic ingredients if possible), gloves, scarves, hats, t-shirts, hair accessories and gift vouchers
Over the years, millions of children and young people have benefited from gifts donated to The Salvation Army.
By giving a gift to our Christmas Present Appeal you can make a real difference in someone’s life at Christmas. Contact us for more information.
Give a gift and light up a life!
We wish you all a very Happy Christmas.